Monday, February 11, 2013

Philadelphia Chocolate Cream Cheese Review

 Okay, before I get started, I want you all to know that I am over the moon that we finally got this product in Canada.  I read about it on some blogs I think and right away I was all "We need to move south!!" And Hubby just rolled his eyes, and said something about liking being around family or whatever.  But he hates cream cheese, so I cannot really expect him to get it.  But I know you guys will. Seriously I have only used this a few times already and it is going to change your life.  I know, dramatic, but I just need you to understand, you need this item, right now!!!!!

  Anyway, I saw on face book we finally had this and I went right to the store after work with Pork Chop, I had to bribe him by buying him a pound or so of olives, but I got what I went for.  As I was cashing out the cashier was all "have you tried that, it looks weird!"  And I was all "I have so many plans for it, you need to try it!" And she sort of just gave me a crazy look, because she probably doesn't understand the impact this is going to have.  Or something like that.

My first simple test.
So for my first try I just wanted something really simple, because I wanted to actually try the product how it was made.  Trust me I already have about 50 ideas in my head, and I don't have the money to buy that much cream cheese.  If you are out there makers of Philly Chocolate Cream Cheese of the Gods, feel free to send me about 100 tubs.  That should last me at least a month. Give or take.

It looked like chocolate, pure and simple!
 So firstly, I had no idea this product was a spread before I saw it, I always assumed it was in block form. I didn't really care, I got two tubs and I bought these super fat lady finger cookies.  I figure simple would let me really try it.  And Oh. My. Gosh!  It was good.

 So it looks like this is being marketed akin to Nutella.  But with I think 50% less sugar. It was on the tin foil label, but I was in a rush to taste it, so I sort of tossed that out fast.  Anyway.  I don't agree.  Nutella is it's own beast, I mean it is thick and rich and super sweet and almost like peanut butter.  Where as this, well it's hard to describe.  The flavour is out of this world, and the texture is perfect for spreading, or if you are one of those weird people that likes fruit, it could be an instant fruit dip.  But I won't go there.  Sorry.
I didn't put too much, I was being stupid, you want to put lots, trust me.
 In my first use, I just made cookie sandwiches.  I just spread a bunch in between two soft cookies, and then I ate them.  It was so good, it has this almost tart kick to it, like a sour cream.  But it was sweet but in a way that is was not over powering like Nutella can be.  I personally don't think I would eat this on toast, it is just not the same to me.  But the things I have planned, oh you just wait..  I am honestly going to spend a lot of time with this and make a few things.
Try to ignore the fact my fingers are almost as chubby as the cookies.
I really liked the taste of it just like this, and even found myself using it as a dip for cookies.  It really is good. And I sound like a girl with a high school crush, and gosh darn it, I am so happy with this.  I have read about products and waited for them only to feel blah about them.  So far this is a keeper.  So stay tuned I have plans, and I will be sharing them.  Then I will invest in cream cheese stock, or just hoard the stuff.
So these only lasted 12 hours and that is because I was sleeping, they were gone really fast.
Have you tried it yet?  What do you think?
”Your
Love Bakes Good Cakes
Skip To My Lou
Our Delightful Home
”a
Home Stories A2Z
Pint Sized Baker
Small Things
HungryLittleGirl
The DIY Dreamer
Lil\'Luna
Back for Seconds
Adorned From Above

10 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I haven't tried this yet, but I love how you used it!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I'm so glad you got this in Canada! It's my crack, which is why I can't buy it, lol.

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I will have to watch out for it!

Paula said...

I didn't know this was available in Canada now. I'll have to pick some up. I may just eat more bagels now :)

Connie Mercer said...

These look delish!!!

Unknown said...

I am sitting at my computer, craving these!
I'd love for you to come share this at my link party, which is live right now! http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/02/and-oldie-but-goodie-link-party-5-and.html

Katrina said...

I haven't tried that nor do I think I've even seen it. My husband is silly and doesn't like cream cheese. But I just realized what is so weird about that is that his favorite dessert of all time is cheesecake. Hmmm? (Men.)

Anonymous said...

I have traid it, and I am dissapointed to say that I was not nearly as convinced as you are. But I realy enjoyd to read about you hapiness, it made me happy!
/Emma

Erin said...

Holy heck! I want that! I love all their flavors of cream cheese. We spread it on cresent dough and then roll them up and bake it. Oh so stinkin' good! I think I need to try those lady fingers, tho. I don't think I even have. And they look really good!

Deanna Lyn said...

yummy! thanks for the idea, i am from the wed hop.
http://14surgar.blogspot.com/