Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Salted Nutella Fudge

Oh melted fudge, what could be better?

  So most days I check out blogs and drool over what everyone makes. Then I would email myself the ideas and usually forget about them.  Now that I have Pintrest I am actually going to try more things out, I think. It's a theory, let's see where it goes.

  Anyway, I have seen so many fudge recipes and have counted how many pounds I would put on if I made them all.  I figure about 300 pounds, give or take a few.  So I had to pick one.  And I found this one on Pioneer woman.  The thing that got me was Nutella and salt.  I love the salty sweet taste.  Much like chocolate covered bacon, which I also made, it sounds weird but tastes amazing.


I found the recipe on line, and didn't get my stuff together, I just threw it all in a  bowl.

  As this had Nutella I had to make it when Hubby was out, and I jammed this in with a few other treats one day. I thought this was so easy, and was so happy with how it turned out, that I promptly made myself sick eating it.  Yes I know, too much sugar makes me sick, yes I know better.  But you know when you are making 6 different things in a day you have to taste them all, or how else am I going to honestly blog about them?  I thought you would understand.

  So to make this you need very little.

Salted Nutella Fudge
From Tasty Kitchen on Pioneer Woman.

 -1 TBSP butter to grease the 8x8 pan
-14 OZ of sweetened condensed milk
-1 TSP vanilla extract
-8 OZ high quality bittersweet chocolate chips ( I just used the mini semi sweet ones I had)
-1 cup nutella ( I used the no name brand as it was $2 cheaper)
-3 TBSP unsalted butter at room temp ( I used cold salted butter, it's what I had)
-1/2 TSP sea salt ( I didn't measure I just sprinkled it on, I used too much too)

My no name Nutella. Please ignore the cocoa on the table, I was making like 6 things this day.
  So I just put everything in a bowl.  The recipe called for a 14 OZ can of sweetened condensed milk, but here they are all 8 OZ, so I had to measure.  And I think I may have added a little too much, because my finished fudge was a little soft.  Which is really fine, but you cannot set it out for long, must stay in the fridge.

(A little update, by the end of a week it was much more set, so maybe I needed to age it?  Do you even age fudge?  I have no clue what I am even talking about now, so carry on.)

 So to start I buttered an 8x8 baking pan and lined it with parchment paper.  My paper was not sticking so I put another pan inside to hold the paper in place until  I was ready.
Sort of looks gross and like it will not all mix together, but it does.
  Then I put everything in  a glass bowl, and I should have used a bigger one, but whatever it worked.  I then put it over a pot of water on the stove, making it a double boiler.  I watched it and stirred it every half minute or so until it all melted together and was fluid.
See? I told you it would all work out.
  I then quickly moved over to my pan and took a quick picture.  In the time it took me to take the picture the top was crusting, so I mixed it up and poured it into my pan.  I then took the salt and sprinkled it, and the top again crusted so fast that some of it did not stick properly.  No big deal.  I then put it in the fridge and left it for about 3 hours.
I took it out of the pan and it was too soft, so this is the best picture you are going to get, but it was so good! 

  When I took it out to cut it really stuck to the paper so I thought maybe I had to leave it longer. So I wrapped it and left it over night.  The next day I took it out and the same thing, it was sticking. So I cut it with a large knife, making sure to rinse with hot water and wipe it in between cuts then I sort of scrapped it off the paper and put it into containers and into the fridge.  ( after I ate a few pieces for quality control)

 People this fudge was amazing, and it still is as I have more than half of it left, and I don't plan to share!  Only problem is I can only eat a little at a time, which I will have to do or I may end up sharing, I don't know.  Either way, this was a nice easy fudge for a beginner like me, and I will make it again for sure.



It's Overflowing

HookingupwithHoH




32 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

I am a Nutella lover from when I was young. I can not eat sweets so much anyone, but I love making things for the family. I'll have to give this a go. It looks good.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Seriously yummy looking! :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Awesome awesomeness! I love Nutella SO much. This fudge would be right up my alley. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday! :)

steve @ the black peppercorn said...

Ohh - I love fudge and I love nutella! They look like they would be perfect together!

Ursula Schneider said...

I am not a huge fan of fudge, but my hubs is. I may have to try this for him! Thanks for sharing it.

Connie Mercer said...

well I have the ingredients may have to try this~it sounds delish!!!

Linda Beeson said...

LOVE the sea salt taste with chocolate. I just ate a piece of my priced Sea Salt Caramels from Trader Joes that they only sell at Christmas!

Michelle StClair said...

Um yum! You can send me the leftovers. :)

Betsy @ Anna Nimmity said...

This makes me hungry. It sounds delicious! I found you through The Southern Product Queen. Thanks!

Penny said...

Oh My, I could crawl right in the bowl of chocolate! Sounds yummy! Love Penny

The Better Baker said...

I made this over the holidays too, and it was soo delicious. Only when I went to get the salt, I didn't have any sea salt, so used the largest chunks I had...it was good, but I'm sure sea salt puts it over the top. Thanks for commenting at my blog today...please stop by again soon.

Culinary Collage said...

This looks great....I need to make something with Nutella really soon!

TinaRBK said...

Your fudge does look like a delicious addiction! Love the fact that it has Nutella in it, glad I popped in to see this special confection. Well done-yum!

Treat and Trick said...

This looks so good and tempting! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment on my blog.

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

Quality Control is most important!! I do a lot of my own quality control too :). The fudge looks awesome. I love salt and sweet together. I am going to have to try this!!

Alex said...

This looks good! Its always funny when you dump everything in the bowl and you can't see how everything will possibly mix together!

Anne said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment about my macaroons and "French men chocolate almonds!" ;)

Your fudge sounds and looks amazing!! I will have to try it! Nutella is one of my favorite ingredients!! ;)

All the best in 2012!

Michele said...

THAT looks sinful! Yum! I love Nutella. Will have to try this fudge.

Michelle Paige said...

Just stopping in to say thanks for visiting my smashing cake and fondue. I appreciate the comments you left. This fudge looks amazing!

Murphy's Law said...

oh yum!!! this looks amazing!

Shay said...

Looks good! New follower! You can visit me at http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/

Shay

Pink Little Cake said...

I love Nutella and in fudge form is even better. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This looks good! Thanks for sharing.

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Following you via Freestyle Friday.

http://www.sjb-myphotopage.com/

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

This looks amazing! Nutella, salt, chocolate! Divine :)

Lorie said...

Yum! Looks great!

Thanks for stopping by Reading Confetti! Happily following you back! :)

Lisa said...

That looks totally dreamy. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your fudge up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

Juliana said...

I came across your recipe on Sweets for a Saturday, and you had me at salt. nutella. & fudge. One of my favorite combinations right now is salt & chocolate! Please check out my blog for some similar recipes! Everything looks yummy :)

XOXO,
Juliana
www.piecelovecooking.com

beti said...

I was so excited when I saw salty and nutella together, the fudge looks fantastic!

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

oh my god! im drooling here just looking at this... wt a fab idea. i looove nutella so this one im gonna try :)

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!! Thanks for linking up! Check out my giveaway....


XO, Aimee

Mike said...

It's true that eating tons of fudge would make you fat but at least it would taste good!