Monday, December 24, 2012

Annual Cookie Exchange



 For the last few years I have been going to a cookie exchange my girl friend sets up.  I had never done one before her and well, I look forward to it now.  I go with the same old every year.  Cakeballs, of coarse.  This year I got containers from Walmart to make them cuter, I should have gotten the smaller size because they looked so tiny in there.  Oh well.   
Here is my huge table full of them, I was so tired I did the simplest thing I could.

See a drizzle of chocolate and a smattering of sprinkle.s

I was even too lazy to dig out my holiday sprinkles, they may never see the light of day.

I have  come to hate these types of sprinkles, you end up with them all over as they bounce off the table.

This was a new trick, I have been wanting to try it for a while, so I finally did.

I gilded my balls.

Yeah I know, I said it.  But there you go a short sweet post, and now on to the holidays!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Lucky! I didn't have the energy to organize a cookie exchange this year and now I'm so sad. I love doing them. Your cake balls look wonderful. What a treat to receive. And the gold ones - love them. Who wouldn't want gold balls for Christmas???!!!

Have an amazing holiday, Sue!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Lucky ladies at the exchange! Merry Christmas, Sue!

Linda Beeson said...

Yum and how cool is that gold!!!

Paula said...

Your *gilded balls* look lovely. Merry Christmas to you and your family. May 2013 be good and kind to all of you and I wish you continued success with Cake Balls, Cookies and More :)

Mary Ellen said...

Love the "gilded balls"! ;-) They look like ornaments! Pretty!
Have a fantastic new year!