Thursday, December 27, 2012

Chocolate Covered Oreos with Chocolate Transfers


So I made chocolate covered Oreo's a few days back and I liked them, they were easy to make. But I didn't like how there was a really thick layer of chocolate on top and none on the bottom.  So I decided  I had to try it again.  And I did and it was way better!  So here you go.

 First you have to melt your candy melts.I use milk chocolate but you can use white, I think it would be a great background.  I just hate working with the white ones so I stick with the stuff I like.
This may or may not be a picture that was from the first time I made them.  

Then you dip your cookies. And yes I know there is a dirty joke in there somewhere, but Santa is watching so we have to be good; at least for now.


I got all this one one sheet of chocolate transfers.  And I know it's after Christmas really, but well, I actually did so many holiday things I ran out of time to post them.

 As you dip your cookies (hee hee)  you tap off as much chocolate as you can and then place the cookie on the transfer sheet.  They are the same sheets I used on my marshmallow pops.  Then all you have to do it let them dry fully before removing them. And there you go, super fancy cookies that make you think you are amazing.  Well at least until you screw something up; again.

Okay they may not be perfect, but they are good.  I think next time when I place them on the transfer sheet I should press them down just a little to make sure they make full contact with the image.

So there you go, a simple Christmas cookie, after Christmas.  I know, but hey they will still work for New years and since there are different transfers for all the holidays this is just a base for that.  Or at least I am really ahead for next year.
The Mandatory Mooch
Our Delightful Home

6 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Looks like a quick and easy way to dress up your treats. I love the holly!

Adorned From Above said...

These are so cute and look delicious. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/5-fun-posts-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above
Marci @ Stone Mountain Cottage

Zuzana Konecna said...

Great great post!

Erin said...

Um, edible transfer paper>>> You have all of the coolest things!!! LOVE IT!!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I love the transfers idea! So cool!

Mary Ellen said...

What an awesome gift idea!!!! I will have to remember this for next year. Trader Joe's always comes out with a similar peppermint oreo cookie like that.