Monday, December 10, 2012

Chocolate Covered Oreo's


  This is going to be one of my easiest posts ever. I made these in like 5 minutes and I love how they turned out.  I also made another variation a few days later but we will get to that.

  Also we had my work holiday party this past Friday.  I now have seen it all, well if you count a fake Rod Stewart trying to pull my dress up everything, well then I have seen it.  I had a blast, I don't drink, and Hubby hardly dances but this year he did.  So it was all good, I didn't win any prizes but I got to dance and stay out late and wear a dress and you know, not do anything else.  So all in all it was awesome, now back to the cookies.

I may have made a few things this day, but this is the cookie box. It is sort of pretty actually.
Firstly I must admit, that I am not an Oreo cookie lover.  I mean I used to eat them, or more truthfully I ate the middle, then tried to give away the cookie part.  They are not bad, just not my idea of a cookie I want to always eat.  Now you make something with an Oreo and that I will eat, and want more of.  It's weird, but so am I, so don't even bother trying to figure it out.


I had three molds, if I had four it would have done the whole box, but whatever it was so fast I just did one mold twice.

  When we were grocery shopping the last time at Wal mart I saw these peppermint Oreo like cookies.  And I figured, well I got cookie molds so I better use them before the season passes.  As I have had molds like this for a few years, and every year I say I am going to use them.  And so I finally did, even for the right season, I am impressed with myself if I do say so.


That is as close to 2/3 full as I can figure out, they need marks on the mold or something.

 So all you need for this is the cookies, plain oreos or whatever;  I think any cookie of the same size would work.  And you need chocolate and the molds.  That's it, and it looks really fancy when you are all done, so get ready to be "Super amazing cookie maker of the year!"

  Or you know, just get ready to eat some cookies.


And see how the chocolate was all lop sided and not covering the cookie, that did not make me happy.

 So firstly you need to melt your chocolate.  Some of the molds just had a simple pattern, others had an actual image, like Santa and stuff.  If you had time and the skill, or even if you really cared, you could use coloured chocolate to make the picture and then just fill the rest with regular chocolate.  But as we all know how lazy I am, and that each step keeps me from having a cookie sooner, I did milk chocolate.

As you can see I tried to fill in the lop sided empty spaces, it just made a mess.

I melted the chocolate and put it into a large squeeze jar thingy. Then according to the instructions I filled the candy mold about 2/3 of the way full.  Then I tapped the mold to make the chocolate settle and get rid of air bubbles.  Then I just put a cookie in and pressed it down until it made the chocolate reach the top of the mold.  I was hoping the cookie would get fully covered, but that didn't happen.  Oh well.

They did turn out to be pretty cute though.

So then I just put the molds in the freezer and in like 10 minutes they were done and I popped them out.  Now I liked them, and my friends really did too, but I found that the chocolate was so thick on the top of them that it was not a great combination.  So I did them again another way, which I will share later.  But either way they were good, and looked really cute.

This was the simple mold, just snow flake outlines.  Simple but fancy.

Skip To My Lou
Our Delightful Home
a to zebra
Home Stories A2Z
Love Bakes Good Cakes
HungryLittleGirl
The DIY Dreamer
Back for Seconds

12 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

So fun and festive (and I'll be they were yummy too)!

msmith434343 said...

WOW!! Those are SO cute!!! And professional looking :) Thank you for sharing. Really neat.

Britt@ Lovin from the Oven said...

I love how easy chocolate covered Oreos are...and that they are SO tasty for being so easy!!

They look awesome!

Connie Mercer said...

You are killing me~I bet my grands would love those!!!

Paula said...

Glad to hear you had a great time at your party! Chocolate covered Oreos with designs...love them!

Unknown said...

Oh yum! Those turned out so well!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Ha, I know what you mean! I love Oreos IN things better than alone too. :)

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

oh dear gosh - these look deadly!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

Unfortunately, I love Oreos. And dip them in chocolate? I am so in. Now I need to find me some of those cookie molds! They are too cute!

Erin said...

These look wonderful! You can't go wrong with Oreos and choclate! And yikes. Always avoid Rod Stewart =o)

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Yummy!

Susan said...

Wow - these do NOT look like 5 minute cookies! Thanks for bringing them to Tuesday's Table - hope you come back next week!