Anyway I made these cute chocolate cauldrons last week, and I swear I took pictures of them in the mold and what not, but cannot find them now. So I am going to blame Hubby, he had to of done it, or a leprechaun. I think Hubby is the more likely culprit, but you know, I have been wrong before. (Don't tell Hubby!)
So basically, I was at the baking warehouse buying a 50 pound box of candy melts, yes 50 pounds. Which I dropped in the parking lot, right beside my car. And then I spent about 10 minutes trying to lift it up again and get it into the back seat. Good news, it did not open. Bad news, I think my wrist gave out. All was fine the next day, but I was so upset when I dropped it, what a waste of chocolate that would have been if it had opened. Anyway, I saw this mold and thought "I need that" Which I totally did, and you know I don't ever say that about anything that I may not use.
So I got the mold and the very next time I was working with candy melts, which was not long after, I tried it out. The mold is on one sheet of plastic, so you have to cut it in half. Then I half filled one side with melted candy melts and sort of moved it around. Then I put the second half of the mold on and clipped it together with cloths pegs. Then I rolled it all around to make sure the mold was covered on the sides and bottom, I left the top open. Then I popped it into the fridge for a few minutes, then pulled it out and rotated it again then let it set up for good in the fridge. It worked out well, there was a bit of leakage which you can removed with a hot knife. I then put some chocolate mint ice cream in it, because it is green and it's what I had. Then I ate it.
Pork Chop wanted the little hat I used in the picture. I actually picked up that hat in a pack of four at the dollar store. I had no intention of using it for this, I wanted it so I could use it as a base to make a cute steam punk top hat. But I had four so I let Pork Chop have one, on the condition that he let me take his picture.