Monday, May 14, 2012

Snicker Doodle Muffins


From this angle they look like cookies.


  Today I am going to share with you guys one of Hubby's favorite things I make. And by favorite, I mean he actually eats them.  The first time I made these muffins he ate almost all of them, then I think I made them for him almost every week or so until he had to tell me to stop.  I mean come on, if he is actually eating something I make how can I not get excited right?  Well I have not made these in a long while, and I was looking for something quick to make to blog about and this is when I had the brilliant idea to make them again.


  I first saw these on the Pioneer Woman blog.  I knew the moment I saw them Hubby would love them, I mean I say that about a few things, but this one, this was different.  Or at least I hoped it would be.  And for once I was right, but don't let him know that.

  So this is a nice easy recipe that gives you a nice moist dense muffin, covered in a layer of cinnamon sugar. What is not to love right?  So I have not made any changes, other than I don't buy butter milk, and make my own, it is all the same.

  To make your own butter milk you just put some vinegar in with your milk and let it set for about 5 minutes.  I will let you know the amount in the recipe.

All ready to go.


 Snicker Doodle Muffins
Via Pioneer Woman Cooks
By Two Peas in Their Pod
Originally from Culinary Concoctions from Peabody

(wow that is a lot of recipe info)

-1 cup butter
-1 cup sugar
-2 eggs
-2 TSP vanilla extract
-2 1/4 cups flour
-3/4 TSP baking soda
-3/4 TSP baking powder
-3/4 TSP cream of tartar
-1/2 TSP salt
-1 cup sour cream
-1/4 cup butter milk*

*instead of real butter milk just put a splash of white vinegar into a measuring cup then fill the rest of the way to 1/4 cup with milk, stir and let stand for 5 minutes.  If you leave it a bit longer and the milk gets chunky, don't worry it is still fine.  I let mine sit for over 10 minutes and it still turned out fine.

  Pre heat oven to 350. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, add the vanilla and one egg at a time and mix fully.  Sift all the dry ingredients together and add half to the mix, then add the sour cream, mix, then the rest of the dry ingredients.  Then mix in the butter milk.



As the first batch was baking I rolled the second batch and put them in liners to wait.


Topping

-2/3 cups sugar
-2 TBSP Cinnamon

  Mix the topping and then take a scoop of muffin mix and roll it in topping.  Then place muffin in muffin liner.  These are very soft muffins so you need a liner.  Once all the muffins are rolled top them all with the left over topping and bake for about 18 minutes, until a toothpick put into the middle comes out clean.



So good!  I could eat these everyday!
  These are some of the tastiest muffins, so good, even a day or so later, if they last.  The batter is nice and thick, so once you scoop it out into the bowl of topping it is easy to handle.  Hubby ate a whole bunch and is a little upset they are running out.  But I will make them again, I promise.

I'm Linking up Here


  Skip To My Lou KitchenFun Lil\'Luna
The DIY Dreamer

13 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

mmmmm they sound great and look amazing. i'll have to give them awhirl.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

yum-o! i love snickerdoodle cookies so i'm thinking a muffin, of the same name, is right up my alley. :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Delicious! I love a good snickerdoodle, muffins would be even better. Yum! And I, too, would make something my husband ate over and over just to get him to eat my stuff, lol.

Connie Mercer said...

they look and sound so good!!!

Erin said...

Oh yum! My kids love snickerdoodle cookies. They would LOVE these!

Izzy Anderson said...

These couldn't be more appealing. I LOVE snickerdoodle and wow, as a muffin? I'm in!

Penny said...

WOW, those make me hungry just looking at them! Thanks for posting them! Love Penny

Katrina said...

Those would be a big hit here. They look great!

Minnie Kitchen said...

yummy yum!! These look very delicious!

Unknown said...

Ooh yum!

Elsa said...

My husband loves snickerdoodle anything as well. I actually prefer the muffin version because I think that the cookies are easy to overcook or undercook.

I'm actually having a giveaway on my blog this week and would love for you to stop by if you have the time. Thanks so much!!

Christine said...

YUMMY!!!!!! I have yet to try snickerdoodles!! I must try!!

Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up this evening!

Unknown said...

Snickerdoodles in muffin form? Brilliant!